Tumblelog + Facebook + Twitter + Instagram + Formspring
"When all else fails, have faith"

Monday, December 31, 2012

19th & Chapter 365

It's the 31st December. What does that mean?

Well, it's kinda obvious... I turned 19th just yesterday! Heh, anyone expected me to say that it's the last day of year 2012? Bet some of you did! Anyways, I had a blast on my 19th birthday celebrating alongside with one of my close friend and his friend. If you're wondering why, and maybe you guessed it, well it's because the 3 of us shared the same birthday and yes, we were born in the same year too so all of us are turned 19th together on the 30th!

We opened a hotel at Marina Mandarin and things were pretty awkward in the beginning because we were complete strangers with the other birthday girl's friends but things got pretty smooth after we started consuming all the alcohol... I admit I got a little tipsy way too fast and I am a lousy drinker. There were quite a number of people in the hotel room that when you add together all the laughing, talking and shouting, it was pretty loud for the other rooms' guest that some of us were chased out of the hotel room. We still continued drinking at the lobby though.

I am thankful that the boyfriend was there with me the whole night for being my pillow and support when I zonked out for a while and when I had some difficulties balancing myself (god embarrassing much). All of the people there has been really nice to me the whole night and I really enjoyed myself with all of them! Big thanks to Tara (the other birthday girl) for all her efforts in making our 19th a great and wonderful one. She basically did all the planning from booking the hotel room, getting the food, planning the games, and getting all the alcohol too. She's an angel!


***** 

Moving on from my 19th birthday... Guess what? The year is coming to an end (yes finally I'm saying this)! It's the time now for all of us to reflect back on whatever that has happened from Chapter 1 of 2012 to Chapter 365 of 2012 -- the good and the bad. 

Basically for my side, I can't really remember much (yeah age is definitely catching up on me). But all in all, the year has given me pretty much fair side of both ups and downs and all the little bits and pieces of happiness, sadness, anger, friendships, new experiences and whatever else you can include in the list. Of course, the boyfriend too. Although I met him in 2011, we only got together in 2012 after some time of his chasing (hahaha :p). We've went through a lot of hardships to keep this relationship going and sometimes it gets a little too painful to handle, but yeah love conquers all the shits in-between and we managed to get through them. Hopefully we'll be able to get through whatever that will be coming in the next year. 

Falling in love isn't as easy as it seems I must say. Love have taught me so much stuff, it's really crazy. I'm amazed and totally speechless by how much your feelings and your mind can allow you to understand things from a totally different perspective.

I have learnt a lot this year, no doubt about that. I have also learnt to be more patient and understanding although I am still very impulsive at times. I have gained many more new experiences as usual as all the other years. 2012 has hands down been better for me than 2011. 2011 gave me so much shits and some are so painful that they are etched in my memory until now and I can't seem to get rid of them, one especially. I don't wish to elaborate it to anyone else except for myself because it's something that I need to handle it myself and it doesn't deserve anyone's help. It pains me some times, but I am still trying to figure things out though I know quite well I am avoiding it. I am a little mad at myself for not dealing the problem well enough until now when it's already the end of another year. Guilt is in me whenever I get reminded of it and I really shouldn't be mentioning all these right now...

Whatever it is, 2013 will be a better year, I hope, for me and for everyone else. May the new year be much more awesome than any other year and may all the love and friendships around everyone to be a blessing one. Remember to always have a backup plan for whatever you do so that when plan A fails, you still have plan B ;) 

All the best!

xo